This is the original compressor from the same supplier of the car manufacturer.
This means that this compressor comes from the same production line and undergoes the same quality controls - official aftermarket product from 'WABCO Direct'.
There is no difference to the original version.
Replace the supplied working relay. This is also an unconditional requirement of the car manufacturer.
The supplied suspension elements for the compressor prevent increased vibration noise.
Original WABCO replacement:
4154033020; 415 403 302 0
At this point we would like to point out that the original spare part numbers refer to the complete air supply system.
Can be installed in the following vehicles:
VW Touareg I Typ 7L (2002-2010)
Compressor without carrier part matching the original spare part numbers:
7L0 698 007 E, 7L0698007E , 7L0 698 007 D, 7L0698007D, 7L0 698 007, 7L0698007
7L0 698 007 B, 7L0698007B, 7L0 698 007 A, 7L0698007A, 7L0 616 007 H, 7L0616007H, 7L0 616 007 F, 7L0616007F
7L0 616 007 E, 7L0616007E, 7L0 616 007 D, 7L0616007D, 7L0 616 007 C, 7L0616007C, 7L0 616 007 B, 7L0616007B
7L0 616 007 A, 7L0616007A, 7L0 616 007, 7L0616007, 7L0 616 006 H, 7L0616006H, 7L0 616 006 F, 7L0616006F
7L0 616 006 E, 7L0616006E, 7L0 616 006 D, 7L0616006D, 7L0 616 006 C, 7L0616006C, 7L0 616 006, 7L0616006
7L8 616 006 D, 7L8616006D, 7L8 616 006, 7L8616006
Scope of delivery:
- Compressor Unit WABCO original 4154033020 of the Air Supply Device
- Relay (4H0951253)
- Cable set for drain valve with termosensor G290 (7L0971291A)
- Suction linkage / suction line (7L0616708B)
- Compressed air line (7L0616703)
CAUTION: The replacement of the relay is mandatory, otherwise the warranty on the compressor is forfeited!
Before purchasing a compressor, please note the following:
The most common reason for a defective compressor is a leak in the system, causing the compressor to run too long and too often.
An excessive number of switch-on cycles will cause the relay contacts to stick together.
As a result, the relay no longer functions.
The result is continuous current on the compressor.
The compressor runs continuously without control until it burns out.
Before a new compressor is installed, all the reasons why it has been damaged must be completely eliminated.
To the leak:
A leak can occur in many places, for example:
- Porous or damaged air springs or air spring parts (strut)
- Worn seals, defective compressed air connections and chafed compressed air hoses
- Leaky housings in components such as compressors, valves, air springs or suspension struts.
Every air spring system is vulnerable in this way.
Therefore, follow our advice to avoid any further repairs in the near future.
Basic advantages why you are in good hands with Miessler Automotive® when it comes to air suspension:
- We have been dealing with this topic since 2003
- Manufacturer selected by us is one of the supporting pillars for best quality
- Close cooperation with manufacturers in the field of quality management
- More and more own products that facilitate the repair of your vehicle
- Repair service in our own specialist car workshop.
Our technical advise for the air supply device:
1. Change the relays before installing the compressor even if it seems to still work.
This is also a specification by the car manufacturer. Be sure to change the right relays.
Relays look similar, that is why there is a risk to change the wrong relays.
2. Be sure to check whether the system is leakproof after repairing.
The easiest way to do this is to park the vehicle. Wait for the system to automatically re-adjust if your car has this feature.
Then measure the heights from the ground to the lower edge of the fender as exactly as possible and take notes.
On the day after measure these heights again and compare them with the ones before. Even a small difference will lead to a damaged compressor and damaged valves in the long run.
When driving with a leaking suspension for a long time it needs to be assumed that the compressor is running more often than normal. The increased number of cycles of powering on and off is likely to already have damaged the compressor. Depending on the duration of that condition you should change the relays and check the performance of the compressor to be on the safe side. After the vehicle stood overnight the compressor normally doesn't need to run more than 20 to 30 seconds for the system to be ready to start..